<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Boing! 

I'm bouncing around between feeling tolerable and feeling horrible. My body is very confused about the lower dose of prednisone for the Sjogren's, and I suspect having fibro complicates my reaction to the medication. So tonight I fluctuated between dozing off and merely feeling run down, between searing pain and little twinges, between mental calm and grief-stricken. The only thing that was consistent was brain fog so thick I'd swear I was trying to think through jello. I was supposed to call the rheumatologist this week to decide whether the dose should be lowered further, but I don't even know what to tell him. My coping skills are being tested to the max. I need a vacation from myself.

On the positive side of things, my teeth are ok. Because Sjogren's attacks the salivary glands, there is either not enough saliva or it does not contain enough protective enzymes to keep your teeth from rapid decay. Your teeth can literally fall out. So I was relieved to hear that all my efforts to keep my mouth healthy are working. I do not have to go back for another six months unless something comes up.

The massage therapist worked on that monster trigger point I discovered recently. It was much larger and deeper than I realized....it took quite some time to get it to release. She went about it very slowly, though, so I only got a little nauseous afterward. I drank a bunch of water and that helped. It's a bit sore now, so I'll probably do the rice sock thing. My arm does move better now, and I'm not getting the tingling sensation in my fingers that I was before. I just love being high maintenance....NOT!

Oof...I'm getting another attack of the sledgehammer of fatigue. How I wish I could wave a white flag.

Pain level: 8
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?