<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Finally figured out what was wrong... 

...it's the da*ned prednisone I'm on for the Sjogren's. I'm tapering down with my rheumatologist's help because the incision on my heel from the surgery TWO MONTHS ago never closed up. It has slowed down my immune system TOO much now.

I didn't make the connection until tonight when I was suddenly awash in not just pain and fatigue, but many other Sjogren's symptoms that had gone dormant while on the prednisone: all-over itching, neuropathy, earaches, rashes, edema. The tinnitus is twice as loud as before. Oh, and I've read of people becoming depressed to the point of suicide when taken off a high dose of prednisone, so the small amount I'm on (7mg per day) is still bound to affect my emotions, don't you think?

So the joint pain and the fibromyalgia pain are doing a one-upsmanship, and I'm going to have to take a pain pill if I am to get any sleep tonight. At least I feel better mentally knowing there was a reason for suddenly going all wonky, as Ducky calls it.

Must try for some sleep....I painted myself into a corner appointment-wise. My dentist appointment got re-scheduled three times (by them), and I totally forgot about it being Tuesday at 12:30 when I made the appointment for the massage/chiropractic at 2:30. Hmmmm....maybe I can have the massage therapist work on the sore jaw I'm going to have from my teeth cleaning.

Pain level: 9
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?