<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

It's not easy being green... 

...when I had foot surgery two months ago, the incision did not completely heal due to one of my medications slowing down my immune system too much. When I went to the podiatrist last week for a follow-up, he prescribed an ointment to help the incision close the rest of the way up. It's called Panafil and contains, believe it or not, chlorophyll...you know, the green stuff found in plants? He said I could also use it on my other cuts and scrapes that aren't healing. I guess a lot of diabetics use this stuff.

Anyway, this is the weirdest looking goo...a deep forest green! I put it on my heel and covered it with a gauze pad and self-adhesive tape (I found the tape in the grocery store and highly recommend it to anyone allergic to adhesive). After a few days of this, my heel turned green! It does appear to be helping, though....it should take a few weeks for the incision to knit together completely.

I feel like a neon sign with a short circuit...still fluctuating wildly. The people in my aquacise class even noticed. Many of them have had to wean off prednisone, though, so they understand.

So much to do....so little energy to do it.....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?