<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 01, 2004

Now I'm really cookin'..... 

Yes, I finally got brave and made my own soup yesterday. I used a recipe I found in a box of quinoa to make quinoa corn chowder. It's basically corn, potatoes, carrots, onions, quinoa, parsley, milk and water with just a little seasoning. It didn't take all day to make, it tasted ok, and most importantly, the smoke alarm didn't go off. Dan and I polished it off today.

Another night of poor sleep last night....this time, it was the triple whammy of itching from the rash on my foot, alternating fever and chills, and of course the revered foot cramps. If I can't get good sleep on a Sunday when I have nothing to, I'm in trouble. I tried to make up for it by staying home all day, but the fatigue hit hard again about an hour ago. Rats. If I had any sense, I'd try to go to bed early tonight so tomorrow's aquacise might not knock me out so much.

Looked up my new anti-inflammatory online last night....the info said it takes about four days to become fully effective. I took my first pill before bed last night and woke up slightly less stiff today. It was a little easier to do my stretches than it has been lately. It seems to have worn off now though. At least no stomach upset or anything else in the way of side effects (yet).

Watched the Academy Awards tonight. Dan and I had a bit of a competition going to see who could pick the most winners....we ended up with a tie at 12 correct picks apiece. LOTR "Return of the King" swept all 11 awards it was nominated for, which was way cool. Now I want to run out and buy the extended release of "The Two Towers"....I have to do something to tide me over until part 3 comes out on DVD. My pick for best dress went to Catherine Zeta Jones....she should wear red all the time. Worst dress by far was on Uma Thurman....looked like she was trying to be a taffeta milkmaid in disco heels. And not an unclad boob in sight. Tim Robbins went for the black on black on black, which I rather liked. Joan Rivers, eat your heart out, ha ha.

Pain level: 8
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?