<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 27, 2004

3rd place in chili cookoff! 

Ok, so there were only nine entries, but the competition was fierce! My department at work does this about once a year. Last year's winner voted for mine!

This was only my second attempt at making chili, ever. Last weekend I tried a green chili recipe that I didn't like too much. This one was much better: I modified a recipe I found on the internet. It had extra lean turkey breast, chunks of tomato, red bell peppers, white onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, garlic, and, believe it or not, cinnamon in it. I brought a crock pot to work full to the top, and it was entirely gone before lunch break! I've been trying very hard to learn how to cook, so it looks like I'm starting to catch on.

My in-laws are coming to visit in a few weeks, so I'll probably try making this for them. I'm also going to try a few chicken recipes a little bird told me about. I've been eating plain broiled chicken breasts for months and have gotten very bored. There aren't a lot of gluten-free prepared sauces available for chicken, so homemade is best.

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 7

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?