<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 13, 2004

Better mood.... 

My headache finally subsided after three days. Don't know if that will be the end of them with the anti-inflammatory or not. Guess I'll wait and see as it is at least helping somewhat with the arthritis stiffness. That in turn takes down the fibromyalgia pain a few notches.

Decreased the amount of fish oil I am taking, and the tummy seems to be accepting this so far. Unfortunately, the pain increased as the dose decreased, but it's still better than it was before I started this supplement, so I'll hang in there for awhile longer and see what happens.

Still tapering down the prednisone (was prescribed it for Sjogren's). I'm down to 4mg per day, and will decrease it by 1mg per week until I'm off completely. The side effects are starting to lessen thanks to this, but at the same time, a lot of my Sjogren's symptoms are returning. Started getting a rash a month ago when the dose went down to 7mg, and every time I decrease the dose, the rash shows up in more places. The tinnitus and eye problems also get worse with every decrease. The tinnitus I can't do much about, but I've been putting hot compresses on my eyes every night before bed, and it helps. The good news is that the incision from the foot surgery I had last November is ALMOST healed over. Whew.

The best news, though, is that in spite of all these little annoyances, I woke up yesterday feeling almost pleasant emotionally. It's not like I was depressed before, but it is difficult to not be overwhelmed mentally by this illness. I felt better able to cope than usual. This probably sounds crazy, but I think the fish oil may have something to do with this. Whatever the cause, I must be doing something right.

Thought I'd share something positive for once.

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 6

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?