<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Dreams on the installment plan? 

Had an odd experience this morning....woke up about 8am in the middle of a very vivid dream. Got up, went pee, put some drops in my eyes and went back to bed even though at that moment I didn't seem very tired. The weird part is that not only did I fall back asleep immediately, I resumed the same dream right where I had left off! I've consciously tried to do that a few times but only rarely have I succeeded.

The details of the dream have gotten somewhat muddled since this morning, but here's what I do remember: I was riding in a huge SUV-type vehicle with my dad, my stepbrother, my sister and her boyfriend. We were headed to the property of a friend of my grandfather's. This man had just died, and we were going to help move some of the items on the estate. My sister had with her a guinea pig that once belonged to a cousin who had injured the animal through carelessness. The guinea pig had a huge gash in his side, and I could see that his internal organs had been cut in half, but he was not bleeding and otherwise seemed fine. When we got to our destination, we were supposed to hitch a trailer to the back of the SUV, but the body of the man who had died was still there on his bed, so we had to contact the funeral home to see when they were coming for the body. We had to go to the man's house and fill out some paperwork. Everyone decided I was best at that sort of thing (even in the dream I didn't have much physical strength), so I got a pen and got to work. I then noticed that my sister's appearance had changed....she now resembled the woman who played Elaine in "Seinfeld". When I got done with the forms and the funeral guys still hadn't showed, we made ourselves some lunch in the kitchen of the guy who died. Then I woke up.

Not really sure what all this means...right now my head hurts too much to do any psychoanalysis anyway. Another migraine courtesy of Bextra. I am curious, though, as to whether I'll pick up where I left off when I go to sleep tonight? Not likely, but it certainly would be interesting if it happened.

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?