<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Hit and miss day.... 

Went on a rare shopping excursion today. My stepbrother and his wife are having a garage sale next weekend, and last night, I started going through my clothes so I could include the ones that don't fit in the sale. There are more that are too big for me than I expected, so I decided to make use of a gift card I have from Target to fill in the new gaps in my wardrobe.

Before I got to the clothes, I got distracted by the purses. I'm a one-purse kind of woman for the most part, so I tend to wear them out, and my current one has gotten really ratty. I found a new one in microfiber black with an extra long shoulder strap and lots of pockets for organizing. Not as nice as my current one, but lightweight, and I can put the strap crosswise from one shoulder to the opposite hip to distribute the weight evenly and keep my aching hands free.

Then it was onto the bras. Completely struck out there....tried on six different styles and none of them fit! Seems I'm too wide for a 36 and too narrow for a 38, too flat for a C and too busty for a B.

Next it was undies, but they were out of my size in the style that fit me best. Rats.

Then I tried on dresses and skirt sets. I was pleasantly surprised that the ones I picked were running large....that meant I could go down a size where there were more choices. I bought three skirt sets, one with long sleeves and the other two with sleeveless tops. All three were floral designs on black, perfect for the tropical vacation I'll be taking in the fall.

Nada on shorts....size 12 was too big and 10 was too small. That was it for Target.

I asked Dan to take me to a place called Mervyn's so I could get a new swimsuit for aquacise. That's the only thing I ever buy there. I was disappointed to discover they no longer carry Speedo suits, the only brand I've ever found that fits me right.

Next thing I knew, it was time for church. After we got there and I had sat awhile, I suddenly got very shaky and foggy. I couldn't imagine why until I realized I had FORGOTTEN to eat all day! Not very smart for someone who is borderline diabetic. It was kind of funny in a way, though, because Dan likes to tease me that I eat all the time. Went right home after church and took my pills and ate.

Oh, and the weather was hit and miss too. When I went to Target, it was snowing hard. When I left there, the sun was out and no clouds. Typical March where I live.

Now I need to put price tags on the stuff I'm selling at the garage sale and make up a master list so it will be easier to remember which stuff was mine.

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?