<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 20, 2004

If at first you don't succeed... 

Well, I tried my hand at cooking again today. I made turkey green chili from a recipe I found on the internet. We are having a chili cook-off at work on Friday...I've never made chili before, so I thought I'd better test it at home. Knowing my limited ability, I chose the simplest and least time-consuming recipe, something you could make in one pan.

The results? Well, I didn't mess it up in any way, but I found out I'm not terribly fond of green chili! It tasted good enough for me to eat, but I don't think I'll be making a batch for work.

So...back to the drawing board. I already know I like tomato-based chili, so I've selected another recipe that uses beans, tomato and turkey. I just hope it isn't too hot for me. It's more complicated than the first recipe and takes about three hours to make. I'll either make it on Thursday and refrigerate it overnight or make it Friday afternoon and bring it straight in to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?