<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Mixed feelings about job opening.... 

Came home from my massage/chiropractor appointment to find Dan waving the classified section of the newspaper at me. Seems he'd found an ad for a graphic designer placed by the company that built our house. The company's new headquarters opened a few months ago not two miles from us (our current jobs are 20 miles away). Sounds like the perfect opportunity, right?

While Dan and I are both qualified for it, I would actually be more suited for it as it also involves marketing, writing newsletters and working on their website. I spent two years of my current job building ads for home builders, including this one. Problem is, I am too ill to risk going to a job with more hours, more responsiblity and more stress, no matter how much I'd enjoy it. I am barely functioning at my current job and still haven't been able to rule out the necessity of going on disability. So, even though I want the job a lot more than Dan does, I helped him put together a cover letter so he could apply. He was nervous about it, but I assured him that the worst that could happen was that they could say no.

So I'm excited for Dan and sorry for myself.

Dan and I were able to take a single vacation day off from work tonight. I went shopping for some new tennis shoes because the incision from my foot surgery in November has FINALLY healed! I am going to participate in an awareness walk for Sjogren's next month and want to break in some shoes before then. Wouldn't you know, the pair that fit best was the pair NOT on sale....sometimes it works out that way. After I got the shoes, we went to see a movie, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I enjoyed it, but Dan didn't....he complained that it made him have to think too much! The movie is about trying to get over a breakup by erasing the memory of the other person from your mind. The plot does not move in a linear fashion and makes fibrofog seem like child's play.

Yesterday was the big day...I got very generous birthday wishes on Fibrohugs, some e-mail cards and snail mail from my aunt. Dan got me a boxed set of Metallica....how cool is that? We also went to Tower Records and wandered through the bargain bins. I found Billy Joel, George Clinton and Donny Iris. And since I can no longer have birthday cake, I treated myself to a Three Musketeers bar, which of course was delicious.

Right now I've got another headache and am way tired and a little nauseous. Didn't sleep at all well last night...my eyes are itchy, red and painful, so I kept waking up. I'm calling the opthalmologist tomorrow because I suspect this is Sjogren's related. Maybe I'll head to bed early tonight, early for me meaning before 3am.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?