<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 13, 2004

Telling something good.... 

Even though I was awakened today by the aching in my hands, I decided not to think about that and see instead if I could think about something good. For once the negatives weren't crowding me quite so much, and I was actually able to come up with a few.

One is that I am still able to find entertaining things to do when I am too sick to leave the house. My command center (ok, the computer desk) is overflowing with articles, books, cute quotes, projects, etc. There are few occasions in my life when I complain of being bored.

I have an amazing support system, both online and in person. I belong to local groups for Sjogren's and fibro. My church is as open and accepting as one could imagine. My closest friends did not desert me when I got sick. My hubby continues to put up with my tantrums and still seems to like me. Even my dog "hugs" me on my down days and endures such indignities as when I insist on kissing the top of his furry little head.

So far, I have remained gainfully employed and make enough money to pay the medical bills.

Even with all my sensitivities to medication, I seem to have found a workable combo. My current staff of docs (I like referring to them that way...it makes me sound like I'm in control) is competant, and some of them are actually extremely good. I found a mode of exercise I can do (aquacise) and am considering adding some Pilates in the coming weeks. My supplements, while expensive, go a long way toward making up for the prescription medications I can't tolerate. Contrary to what I feared when I first went gluten-free in November, I did NOT starve to death (I have lost 25 pounds, though) and actually have a lot of food in the house.

Somewhere behind all the fog, I still have a brain.

Lastly, even though I frequently feel like a whiner at the losing end of my ailments, I am not perceived that way by everyone. Three people in as many weeks have told me that they find it encouraging that I continue to get out of bed every day when possible. What I see as stubbornness is seen by some as positive in that I haven't given up. I made sure I told these people that I really appreciated these statements, as they came at a time that I needed them most.

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 6

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?