<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Trying to catch up to myself... 

This past week has been so busy, I don't even remember all it was that I did. I'll try to recall a few highlights here....

Monday, I went to aquacise, the first day of a new 10-week session. I'm pretty much committed to staying with this mode of exercise for as long as it's offered. I have resolved to look into adding Pilates on some of the other days of the week, but so far, I haven't even kept up with my stretches. I'll probably start going back to some of my old stretching routines first. I had modified my routine to keep my weight off my feet after I had the surgery in November. Even though the incision is still not fully closed (no thanks to prednisone!), the foot is fully healed on the inside now, so I can go back to stair climbing and standing stretches.

Dan went to his primary care Monday about the infected lymph node. The doc put him on a five-day course of prednisone! I guess the stuff is both a blessing and a curse.

Tuesday, I got my allergy shot and went to the health food store. Why does gluten-free food have to cost more than twice what the unhealthy food does?? Ack.

Wednesday, acquacise and picking up prescriptions. I fell asleep in the car while reading an article in "Arthritis Today" magazine about, of all things, sleep deprivation!

Thursday, I went to a Sjogren's support group meeting. The national executive director of the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation was the speaker. We talked about how to promote awareness, to encourage research and about the first ever foundation fundraiser taking place next month. I learned that Sjogren's is the second most common autoimmune rheumatic disease....it's actually four times more common than lupus, even though lupus gets most of the publicity.

Friday, I went to get my driver's license renewed. The DMV place was packed because the state has laid off so many employees. To cut back on the crowds, they no longer give you a new license at the DMV....they just give you a piece of paper and then mail you the license in 30 days. So when I go to the comedy club next weekend and have to present ID, I get to wave a piece of paper at them.

Yesterday, I went to my fibromyalgia support group. We talked individually about how we were doing, then a man talked about using biofeedback as therapy, a woman who had gone into remission discussed what had worked for her, and one of the group leaders went over what she had learned at a conference on chronic illness. I like getting to compare notes on local docs and therapies. Then last night, Dan and I watched "Christine" on the dish.

Today, I went to Red Lobster with Dan, my dad, my stepmother, my stepbrother and his wife, and my sister and her boyfriend. I had two small broiled lobster tails, a bit of salad, some baked potato (I don't eat the skin anymore), a few steamed veggies and iced tea. My tummy was completely agreeable the whole time....I think I have really made a success out of my limited diet. I got birthday presents today... three movies including the extended release of "The Two Towers"! Wooo hooo! Now I just need to dedicate a weekend or two to watch all of it! Also went to church tonight.

Oh, and sometime during the course of the week (I don't remember exactly when), I made a poster on the computer promoting Fibromyalgia Awareness Day (May 12). It was for the Fibrohugs website (they are on my "Links" list). I thought it came out fairly well...it's purple with butterflies on it. Go figure.

Now I'm almost too exhausted to move. I promised myself I'd do a bit of tidying up tonight, but my butt seems to be glued to this chair. Bummer I've got to work tomorrow....normally I can take my birthday as a holiday off, but I used it for Dan's uncle's funeral last month instead.

I need to get up and go make some brown rice...anyone got a forklift?

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?