<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Adventures in health store shopping... 

Finally got my butt out to a new-ish health store called Whole Foods that has been highly recommended to me by several people. It is pretty far from my house, so I waited until my day off work to venture out there. When Dan and I arrived, the parking lot was jam packed and we got the last available space. I couldn't imagine what could possibly be that great about a natural food store....then we went in. Fresh flowers of all kinds near the door. A produce section larger than the regular grocery store, all organic. A whole aisle of cut fruits, salads, cheeses etc. in single-serving sizes. Fresh shrimp as large as your hand. Whole crabs on ice. Soup bar. Salad bar. An OLIVE bar, for heaven's sake. More kinds of cheese than you could name. And a deli with every ingredient in every dish printed out for all to read. Dan ordered fire-baked pizza by the slice and fresh baked bread. I ogled the marinated salmon and feta cheese salad and vowed to get some on my next trip there. It would be an excellent place to grab lunch on the run.

What I was actually there for was some all-natural soap for my ultra-sensitive, dry, itchy skin. I was hoping to find something containing both goat's milk and shea butter....I found some with one or the other but nothing with both. I finally settled on the store brand soap that has shea butter and lavendar. I bought a small bar with the idea that if I like it, I'll come back to stock up. I also took note of the shea butter and lavendar lotion by a company called Kiss My Face (I think). I will try it when I run out of my Eucerin lotion.

All this talk about food...time for me to go make some rice pasta salad.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?