<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Eventful day.... 

Went to get my hair done today...at first I was just going to darken it, then at the last minute, I decided to go red! Not orange-red....more like wine red. It also has brown/black in it. I like it! Leave it to me to be unusual!

Tried a new recipe for Parmesan chicken today, and it turned out very well. Made brown rice cooked in chicken broth to go with it. Now I'll have a dinner possibility in mind for when the in-laws arrive.

Got a call from the local comedy club this afternoon....the show we were going to see on the 17th was cancelled, which was the only non-smoking show available for Margaret Cho. I really want to see her, so I'm taking a gamble and going to one of the regular shows. They will do their best to seat me in a non-smoking area....I'll bring lots of eye drops just in case. Hopefully if there is any smoke, it won't bother my throat. I also found out that my name was picked in a drawing for 20 free tix to a show in May at that club! The May schedule will be available next week so I can pick whom I want to see. I'm not sure I can find 19 other people to go with me....I have a rather small social circle (in person, anyway).

Got to work and found out that it is unlikely that the department manager will change his mind about re-arranging the work schedules, so Dan and I will likely be stuck with a different shift. Was talking to the union rep about it when the foreman came over (the one who doesn't like me) and told me to get to work. I complied, but the union rep got very angry and asked the foreman who made him the conversation police! Well, they went into the office with the union VP and slammed the door and had a rather heated debate. I don't know what was said....I was too embarrassed by the whole thing to bring it up again.

Also found out tonight that a co-worker may have had a stroke. The docs aren't sure exactly what happened or what could have caused it, so they're doing the usual battery of tests. I sure hope Tom is ok.

Was soooo tired tonight that I couldn't keep my eyes open. Went to the break room to get a plain iced tea to pep me up a bit, but they only had stuff with sugar in it. Against my better judgement, I bought one with sugar and drank it. Mistake. It's now four hours later and my stomach is still upset. Ouch.

Anybody else having trouble with the time change? I'm amazed at what one piddly hour can do to screw me up. That's one of the reasons I'm not thrilled at the prospect of changing shifts....that's only one hour difference too, but my sleep schedule has become fairly set in the past nine years I've worked 5pm to 1am. And to think my previous jobs had shifts that changed weekly....I sure don't miss that.

Better see if my tummy will let me sleep.....

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?