<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Possible shift change... 

he powers that be at my job in their not-so-infinite wisdom have decided to re-arrange everyone's work schedules again. I've had the same shift for the better part of the past nine years and have no interest in changing. The last time they tried to move us, Dan and I had to take a later shift. We warned them that we could not meet deadline that way, but no one listened...until we very nearly missed deadline a few times in the first week. By the end of the second week, they sent us back to our old shift. This time they want us to work earlier. Two problems with this....we have a parking contract that won't allow us to use the parking garage before a certain time. Also, our shift would start an hour before the others who use our workstations end their shift. Some brilliant boss really didn't think this through. Oh, and I have made doctor appointments over the next several months with the current shift in mind. I did point out the discrepancies in the schedule to my union rep, so perhaps he can convince the managers to put things back they way they were.

I do believe it will snow here on Friday....I've got extra achies tonight.

I'd better get some sleep...I have an opthalmologist appointment tomorrow, and we're supposed to drop off our stuff for the garage sale. Hope the weather doesn't spoil the sale.

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?