<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Shifting shifts..... 

Had to agree to a new work shift to begin in three weeks as my current shift has been eliminated. The new hours will be 4pm to 11:50pm Monday through Friday. I guess tomorrow we'll have to check into whether we will be allowed to change our parking contract to come in earlier. Doubtful as most of the day shift people are still there when we would want to park at 3:30.

Have had a headache for two days now. Kinda put a damper on Easter for me, but I went ahead with what I had planned, which was to go to my dad's for dinner. Had trouble discerning just what I could and couldn't eat....had to keep asking what ingredients were in a particular dish. Finally decided to gamble and eat tiny amounts of the foods that I knew were gluten-free but contained sugar or fat. I think I still had too much sugar, though....had an upset stomach this morning. After dinner, we played a few games....Rummi-kub and Pit. Tuned out my headache the best I could, but by the time we left, I felt like my brain was going to explode.

Tonight, a co-worker asked me if I'd ever had a spinal tap. Seems her neurologist has told her she might have MS. She had an MRI showing some possible plaques, and now she needs to have a spinal tap done. I think she's pretty scared. I told her what I could remember about MS from the research I did in 1998 when I was tested for it. It's sad, but I've gotten so accustomed to being sick that I'd sort of forgotten how frightening it is to be told for the first time that you might have a serious illness.

Trying to decide if I'm going to start on that hutch tonight or just wait until tomorrow. I'm leaning toward tomorrow.....

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?