<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 02, 2004

Unexpected eye procedure.... 

Went to the opthalmologist for my annual checkup today. Was my first visit since being diagnosed with Sjogren's. My actual vision is still 20/15, so no worries there. The glaucoma test was fine. My eyes did show signs of excessive dryness, but no damage as of yet. The doc decided I should have permanent plugs put in my upper eyelids to help keep the tears from draining out so fast. I'd had plugs done in the lower lids last year, so I pretty much knew what to expect. They numb your eye, so it doesn't hurt exactly...but it IS unnerving to know your eyelid is being cut open. The doc told me it will be a couple of days before I am completely used to the plugs, so I might not spend a lot of time on the computer until my eyes are more comfortable. I am to return to the doc's office if the plugs don't help, but otherwise, I don't have to come back for another year. At next year's visit, they will be checking my retinas.

Brought the garage sale items to my stepbrother's in-laws' house this afternoon. On the way there, I got that same sudden weakness I had last Thursday. This is the last week I'm on any prednisone, so it wasn't totally unexpected to feel awful. It is dam*ed inconvenient all the same. There was no time for me to go back home after dropping off the items...we had to go straight to work. It is extremely difficult to get through a shift feeling like you're going to pass out and/or hurl, but I pulled it off somehow. If I feel like this again tomorrow, though, I should probably stay home.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?