<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

16 hours of sleep today! 

Woke up this morning with vertigo before I even got out of bed, which was a new thing. Usually I don't get the dizzies until I've been up for awhile. So I skipped my aquacise class...I didn't dare get up and try to drive feeling this way.

Finally ever so cautiously crawled out of bed at 1pm after ten hours of sleep. The nausea was awful. I called in sick to work and rummaged around the medicine cabinet for the Phenergan the gastro doc had prescribed a few months ago. I had never tried any because she said it could be sedating. Today I was desperate, though, so I took a 25 mg pill. It took awhile to kick in, but when it did, it packed a whallop! Ack! I crawled back to bed feeling like I was slipping into a coma or something. Someone called right then....I answered the phone, but after a few minutes was feeling so drugged that I could not continue the conversation, so I promised to call back.

I got two more phone calls, but was so out of it that I didn't even know where the phone was. I kept trying to get up to go pee, but would fall asleep again before I ever got out of bed. Next thing I knew, it was 9pm, and I had slept 16 hours total!

I have to admit when I finally did get up, I felt pretty good. I made something to eat and took a shower. I was just starting to think I had beaten this vertigo and fatigue stuff when they both came back about midnight. Rats.

I see the ENT tomorrow (Tuesday). I hope that he can figure out what's giving me the dizzies and that it's something fixable.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?