<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Balance test Tuesday morning.... 

I've had to be off some of my medications prior to the test because I guess they want me in full vertigo mode. I've been warned that this test makes some people quite nauseous, so I've asked Dan to accompany me in case I am unable to drive afterward. I am taking Tuesday night off work in case I still feel lousy. It takes very little change to make me quite ill these days.

Right now, minus my sleep meds, antihistamines, anti-vertigo meds and supplements, I feel fairly crummy. I sneezed most of the evening at work, and my sinuses and throat burned. I'm somewhat wobbly, and my left ear is spasming wildly. My pain level is up too....it always wants to join the party. I slept ten hours last night by accident....my alarm clock didn't go off, and I slept right through aquacise. The sleep was very light for the first seven hours, and then I really zonked on the last three.

I think Chip (the world's most spoiled English springer spaniel) knows I'm feeling sick....he's curled up under the desk leaning against my feet. He really does try to make me feel better. I wonder how dogs know when we're not well?

I may get my old work shift back. One of the many bosses tried to change the schedule of two people newer than Dan and I without posting it....that's against union policy, and I found out about it. We're allowed to claim a newer person's hours within 72 hours of a change, and these guys had my old shift, so Dan and I claimed it. Really ticked off management, but they have to allow it. We'll know for sure on Friday if we get to go back to 5pm starts next week. I tried to adjust to the earlier shift, but I found it difficult to get to bed earlier, and even when I did, I found myself sleeping until my old wakeup time anyway. I also didn't like having an hour less for doc appointments and errands before work. And our parking rate went from $60 per month to $120!

Time to see if I can get any shut-eye without Ambien or valerian root.

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?