<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

The good, the bad, the owchie..... 

To start with, Dan has apparently sprained his foot, the same one that he broke and then needed surgery on two years ago. He was carrying a laundry hamper down the stairs and mis-stepped somehow. The doc saw him this afternoon and is pretty sure it isn't broken, but he's getting it x-rayed tomorrow just in case (he's broken two bones without knowing it on two previous occasions). He has a lump on the side of the foot about the size of an egg. He was off work tonight and will be the next two nights as well. Sigh.

I did a really dumb thing yesterday....forgot to take my thyroid meds after I got up. Didn't realize it until bedtime last night. All day long, my muscles got tighter and tighter and more and more painful, and I had no idea why. I'm still fairly sore tonight even though I've taken all my medications today on schedule.

Tomorrow night is the Styx and Peter Frampton concert! It starts at 6:30 and will probably end about 11! My sister is going with me and will do the driving, which will help a little. I'll be smuggling a gluten-free protein bar in with me even though no outside food or beverages are allowed. I have no idea if there will be anything in that place I can eat....at least bottled water is easily available. I will behave (somewhat) and try to take a nap tomorrow afternoon if Dan's x-ray doesn't take too long, and I'll have a substantial but nutritious meal before I leave the house. I also dug the granny hose out of the bottom of my sock drawer and will wear them tomorrow with my Nikes and Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. I'm too funny!

Will report back on how well I survived the experience. This will probably be my last hurrah, concert-wise, so I plan on making it a good one!

P.S. This will be the sixth time I've seen Styx, heh heh.

Pain level: 8
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?