<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Made a decision.... 

Actually, my body made the decision for me. Last night, as I was sorting my weekly meds and supplements, I suddenly got a violent vertigo attack that sent me flying across the kitchen. It was like an imaginary hand smacked me sideways. I crashed hard into the wall with my right shoulder, which I guess stopped me from falling on the floor.

This is no way to live. I'm going to have to learn to manage this, or I'm going to become a prisoner in my own home, fearing to venture outside in case I should fall. So I took an anti-vertigo medication this morning before going to aquacise. It does help....while I'm not thrilled at the prospect of even more medications long term, I can't really function without them for the time being.

I contacted the physical therapy place this afternoon. They are not covered by my insurance, but I can use the out-of-network benefit and only have to pay one-third of the cost once my deductible is met. I misunderstood earlier (fibrofog?).... I would only have to go there once or twice a month instead of once or twice a week. My first appointment is June 8th.

In the meantime, I will take something every day at work if necessary as I really can't risk falling there.

Oof, the Valium is making me doze off...

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 10

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?