<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 07, 2004

Need bubble wrap.... 

My episodes of vertigo are getting worse. I've gotten them at work, during aquacise, at home doing stretches, even in the grocery store today. I've been leaning against stationary objects when I'm standing still and running my hand against the wall when walking indoors so I don't stagger like I'm drunk. A few times at work, I've stood up too fast and have fallen right back into my chair. I've already acquired a few bruises from my human pinball act.

I have an appointment with the ENT on Tuesday as I really think it has something to do with the odd spasms I'm having in my left ear. I'm guessing the Sjogren's is causing some sort of inflammation in the ear.

Also, like a tard, I overslept today and rushed out the door to go to work, forgetting to take my Vioxx. Naturally I paid for that mistake. All my joints stiffened up, especially while at my workstation under the ice cold a/c vent. I don't know why they have to keep my work area like a meat locker.

Speaking of work, I'm attempting to adjust to my new 4pm-midnight schedule and the new page size for one of the newspapers. I don't mind getting an extra hour of sleep before aquacise, but it's not quite helping as much as I had hoped. I still fell asleep at work two nights out of four. I honestly don't know how I keep going as I ran out of fumes long ago.

Tomorrow, I am going to have my first try at exercising on my new Gazelle machine. I'm mainly just going to view the video and then do a few minutes to try to get comfortable with it. I consulted a walking schedule from an issue of "Arthritis Today" magazine and converted the times and paces into a program for the Gazelle. I'll still be doing the acquacise as my main form of exercise with the machine as a supplement.

So much more I'd like to type, but it's bedtime already, and my hands are killing me.

Pain level: 8
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?