<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Rainy day fun.... 

Last week, my aquacise instructor found out that I used to be a DJ. He asked me if I would be interested in putting together a CD of music for the class to exercise to. So I've got a blank CD with 80 minutes available on it. I thought about it for awhile....the class ranges in age from 40 (me) to 86, so the music would have to have wide appeal. I decided upon rock, pop and novelty songs from the 1950's to the 1970's. Some of the ones I've picked out are: "Splish Splash", "The Twist", "Rock Around the Clock", and "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini". This is fun!

Believe it or not, I'm STILL sore from going to the concert on Wednesday. My hips just don't want to stop complaining, even after a light workout om my Gazelle machine yesterday and stretching today. If they're still sore tomorrow, I'm gonna take a tennis ball to them.

Dan's foot apparently was only sprained. The swelling went down after a few days of elevating and icing it, and he went back to work last night. Unfortunately, now he has a cold. I can't tell if I'm catching it or not because I have freqent sore throats, mild fevers and occasional congestion anyway.

Wanted to go out today and take pix of the goslings at the city park, but the weather refused to cooperate. Two separate thunderstorms passed through between noon and 3pm. When the sun came out again, I headed downtown with my camera, but I didn't get far before it clouded up again and began to rain for a third time. I turned around and headed for a local craft store to get a silk rose and a small flag to take to the cemetery on Monday. Turned out to be my lucky day....scrapbook materials were 30-50% off! I got an adhesive dispenser, some self-sticking letters, some cute doggie stickers, and a whopping 120 pages of die cut sheets for only $15! Now I just need to get back to the albums I haven't touched in six months....

Am still finding creative ways to satisfy my cravings and stay gluten-free. On a chilly rainy day like today, I tend to want stuff like grilled cheese sandwiches and cream of tomato soup. I came fairly close with rice macaroni and cheese and a can of gluten-free tomato soup. Tasted good enough together that I'll probably do that again.

Time for me to get back to working on my CD. I'm going to see if I can find a copy of "Wipeout" by the Surfaris......

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?