<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Tidbits and treats..... 

Guess what I had for supper? Poached eggs and WAFFLES! I found frozen gluten-free waffles in my regular grocery store last night! Next time I'll probably try them with syrup. I was so excited at finding the waffles that I forgot to get any syrup. Dan had Mrs. Butterworth's in the pantry, but it had suspicious ingredients. I think my tummy would allow plain maple syrup in small amounts. Tonight was the first time I've had waffles in YEARS! I probably won't get them on a regular basis....I'm trying new gluten-free items as an occasional treat only.

I found gluten-free brownies in the health food store! I'd been whining for days about wanting brownies and stumbled across these on Tuesday. They contain Dutch cocoa and rice flour and are sweetened with cane juice. Not exactly health food, but very tasty.

I'm relaxing a bit on my strict diet because I've finally reached a healthy weight for my height! I've lost 30 pounds since going gluten-free. I wouldn't mind losing 5-10 more so I can fit into a regular size again....I'm between sizes right now, so very little fits.

Looks like I'm gonna break my no-concert vow and go see Styx again! They will be here Wednesday night with Peter Frampton. A co-worker got two comp tix and gave them to me. They're playing at an outdoor ampitheatre, and I've got lawn tix, so I don't think any smoke from the stage would bother me. Now I just have to find someone to go with me. I left a message for my sister, but I think she's out of town this weekend. Never mind that I have no idea where I shall dredge up the energy to go....I must have some adrenaline left in me somewhere!

Got a letter from the vestibular rehab place stating that my insurance will only cover 60 consecutive days of physical therapy of any type. Trouble is, their therapy is supposed to be one day a month for six months! So I could only go twice! Insurance only covers 30 percent of those two visits anyway AFTER a deductible of $300! So I need to decide whether to pay out of my own pocket (ouch) or skip the whole thing. I would like to learn how to live with this business of being sideways. I spend much of the time feeling as though I might fall. I thought the fatigue was the worst thing to sideline me, but the vertigo is spookier. I really hate being tilty.

I do get my 5pm shift back starting Monday. Yay! I like having that extra hour for doc visits and such. Plus parking is a reasonable rate again.

I've agreed to work on Memorial Day. I'm trying to make up some of the income I've lost lately calling in sick so much.

Went on a brief trip with Dan to the mountains today to try out the new digital camera. Shot some of the same scenes as I did with the 35mm camera a few weeks ago. I want to compare the shots to see if there is any difference. I'm diligently reading the owner's manual on the Fuji, but as soon as I think I understand and try to do whatever it is I've just read, I go blank and end up using the derned autofocus. I bought the camera for all its cool features....I wish to heck I could unfog my brain and actually use some of the features.

After we came back into town, we had dinner at Red Lobster. We probably could have chosen some place cheaper, but I'm still not sure what's safe on most restaurant menus. Need to take some time and do more research on some national chains, maybe some mainstream stuff like Applebee's or Chili's. Trouble is, I keep telling myself to just concentrate on cooking my own meals, but then when someone suggests eating out, I have no idea what I can eat. I guess it's better to have the info and not use it than to feel like I have no options.

Popped in to the music store and snagged a CD by New Found Glory, which I'm listening to right now. Some punk, some melodic stuff, pretty decent lyrics. One that intrigues me is "I'd Kill to Fall Asleep". Sounds like the theme song for someone with fibromyalgia, heh heh.

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?