<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Adventures of leadfoot..... 

I have a confession to make. I LOVE to drive fast on the highway (I obey the speed limit everywhere else). We have this new law that says you can't drive in the left lane unless you're passing, which is stupid because you're going to pass someone eventually. Also, most of our highways are down to two lanes due to construction, and some of the highways have left lane exits, so I don't see how they can tell what your intention was.

Anyway, there I am on the highway, driving home from getting an allergy shot. I'm listening to a brand new tape I made of recently downloaded songs (I think I was listening to "Always" by Saliva). And I'm driving in the left lane because the law just took effect this week and I had totally forgotten about it. By the time I saw the cop car, slowed down and changed lanes, it was too late. I knew I was busted. First time I had been pulled over in 13 years.

The cop was really nice though. He knows darned good and well that NO ONE drives the speed limit on that road. He said he clocked me at 74 (in a 55)...ouch. But he pulled my license and my record was clean, and just told me to drive a little closer to 55! Go figure. And he THANKED me for having my license, registration and insurance ready when he walked up to my car. Works for me.

I didn't feel unfairly singled out as I drove home, because I saw three more patrol cars pulling people over! I was careful to keep the speed under 60, even though I was getting passed by frail elderly people in ancient Cadillacs.

In other news, I'm still waiting for my insurance to authorize the MRIs. I think things got all bogged down because of the holiday weekend. I don't anticipate any problem getting approved because I haven't had an MRI in five years, and something might show up now that didn't show up then. Once I'm approved, I'll probably get in pretty fast. We have lots of excellent facilities in my area.

My migraine-type headache returned with a vengeance last night....this thing started up at the same time as the leg weakness and speech trouble a week and a half ago, and it comes and goes. Looking at the computer screen made me nauseous, so I went downstairs. Watching the TV bothered me some too, but not as bad as the computer. I couldn't go to bed as I had eaten recently (I have digestive problems), so I propped up on the couch and watched "Plan 9 From Outer Space" (yes, on purpose). Fell asleep on the couch and got a knot in my neck. Luckily, I was already scheduled for a massage this morning. The headache is still there, but more in the background now.

Bought some hair color today, black burgundy. It's supposed to be temporary (one month), but it does warn you if you go darker than your natural color it might not wash out. I'm willing to gamble. If this doesn't work out, I saw a hair painting kit that looked really cool...fuscia!

I think I've maxed on excitement for the day. In fact, a nap would not be uncalled for.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?