<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Got my giggles in..... 

Went downtown to the comedy club last night. Headache started during the drive there, and I was walking soooo slowly that there was some concern about me getting across the intersection while the light was still green. But I made it.

This was the first time in several years I had gone to the last show of the night (the previous two were sold out). We were in a line that went all the way to the corner. By the time we were seated an HOUR later, my feet were little stuffed sausages in my shoes.

Even the late show had sold out, so I felt like I was on the inside of a sardine can. We were in the fourth row, luckily, so at least I was close enough to hear the comedians. But the seats were so close together that I could not straighten out my legs in front of me.

The opening act was the same guy that emcees every Saturday night. He had new material, which was hilarious. Most of it was stuff only a local would appreciate.

The second guy up was Keith Robinson. I hadn't heard of him before, but I have a feeling that he'll be on TV someday. He was very good.

The headliner was Wanda Sykes. It was her first visit to my city, and I think she enjoyed it as much as we did. She kept ad-libbing on the audience even though it wasn't part of her act.

I think this one of the best shows I have seen at this club. Wanda was adding things on to her routine as she went along because she was on a roll. There were times she was laughing almost as hard as we were.

She ran about 30 minutes over her scheduled time because she was having so much fun. I actually laughed until I had tears in my eyes. My sides are a little sore today, but that's ok.

I will probably go back to the comedy club at least one more time this year if I can afford it. There are so few social activities left open to me (like eating out at most places, concerts, etc.) that I'm very reluctant to give it up. Besides, one good evening of laughter does more to lift my spirits than a whole month of meds.

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?