<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Hail of a day.... 

Looked outside this afternoon to see if I should wear shorts or pants to my vestibular rehab appointment. Saw a huge, swirling black cloud to the west. Turned on the TV...one of the stations said there was a storm brewing but that it was not severe.

Put on jeans and a t-shirt as the rain began outside. It was pelting the house so hard I kept peeking through the blinds to make sure it wasn't really hailing. So much for not severe.

When I got downstairs, I opened the front door in time to see the first hailstones, pea-sized (I have a heavy storm door I can peer through). Checked the TV again...this time they said there was a flash flood watch. No kidding....there was already a river flowing through my front yard.

The hail got bigger than marble but luckily not golf-ball size. By then, the wind was blowing so hard that the hail was crossing the porch and piling up against the front door. I told Dan I was getting the camera.

I waited for the wind to shift directions and the hail to stop before I stepped onto the porch. The first two pix I took from the safety of the porch while it was still raining. The rest I took as the rain tapered off.

Wouldn't you know, the tornado sirens went off AFTER the sun had come out? And the tornado warning was issued after the sirens had stopped. By then, all the excitement was over at my house.

As soon as the tornado warning was over, I downloaded my pix and sent three of them to the TV station that had been so slow issuing the weather warnings. I don't know if they'll use them or not, but I thought it was fun.

I also put the pix on a web page. It looks a bit like Christmas in July:


Hail 2004

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?