<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

I am lucky.... 

I'm lying low and have hardly left the house since Thursday. Had to turn down a chance to go to a BBQ yesterday and watch fireworks. I don't feel any better for the extra rest yet. Normally that would be upsetting, except....

On Saturday, Dan and a co-worker went to play tennis. I was glad because I know Dan needs to spend time occasionally doing active things. When I go with him someplace he can't always be as active. After they played, they came back to the house, and we talked for awhile. Our co-worker's wife has MS, so he understands if I have trouble expressing myself and am not always the perfect hostess. He also could tell when I was getting too tired to chat.

Yesterday, since I couldn't go anywhere, we invited our friend over who lives next door. She has known me since before I got sick, and she doesn't get her feelings hurt if I can't go out to eat like we used to and sometimes can't even get off the couch. We watched a movie and talked. She also could tell when I was getting foggy and needed to make some supper. Most people aren't this perceptive.

I know many people lose friendships and other relationships when they develop a chronic illness. That's why I think I'm lucky, because most of my friends stuck around. There are always a few people who sort of wander into my life and drift back out again, but I don't really mind because that's normal for everyone.

A few good friends go a long way toward helping you feel like you still have a life no matter how sick you are. I wish everyone had them.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?