<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Leave of absence... 

Haven't posted (about myself) for awhile. I've become quite ill. Neurological symptoms I had six years ago have returned, including motor skill trouble, worsening of speech and cognition, weakness (especially in legs) and migraine-type headache. Neurologist is on vacation until end of July. Saw rheumatologist today...he ordered MRIs of the brain and spinal column in neck. The neurologist was probably going to do those anyway....we're just speeding up the process while I'm experiencing such strong symptoms.

My theory is that I'm experiencing some low-level inflammation in the brain or spinal column caused by Sjogren's. This illness can attack any part of the body, and while brain involvement is rare, it certainly does happen to some people. The fibro pain level is up, probably in response to all the bodily chaos.

I've tried my best to work, but these recent developments make it practically impossible. The rheumatologist is authorizing a leave of absence from my job at least until my neurologist appointment. If I am better by then, I'll go back to work the beginning of August. The timing is lousy because I'm supposed to be training on some new software, but I actually fell asleep during my first training session because I am soooo exhausted. Sigh.

Need to go back to bed.

Pain level: 8
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?