<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Lonnnnng day.... 

Didn't get much sleep last night due to pain in my hands, shoulders and back. Wouldn't you know I finally drifted off just as the alarm went off.

The MRIs were tolerable, I guess. Had trouble getting on the table and lined up...my motor skills are so weird sometimes. This was a closed unit where they put that catcher's mitt-type thing over your face...I'm just grateful that I'm about 50 pounds smaller than the last time I had one done, so I fit in the tube better.

I remembered to take a Skelaxin and a Valium about two hours before the procedure. This helped immensely. I still hurt quite a bit, but it was easier to lie still, even with a slight facial tic going on.

I actually didn't get a break between scans...they wanted me to keep my head in the exact same place for the entire series. They just pulled me out of the tube for a moment to give me the contrast injection. It was soooo hard to stay still then....I had tears going down my face.

The whole thing from beginning to end lasted about an hour and a half. Afterward I could not lift my knees so they could remove the pillow they'd placed there. I thought I was never gonna get off that table....I looked like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.

We went to lunch after that. Was disappointed to find out that the new restaurant wasn't open yet, so Dan took me to Whole Foods because they list all the ingredients in each deli item. I had honey pepper salmon, fresh pineapple, and a gingseng ginger soda and ate them at the tables they have in the front of the store.

We drove up to the mountains right on time but didn't know there was construction going on. We got caught in a huge traffic jam (no alternative exits on mountain roads) and then a flash flood. We got to the hot springs a half hour late.

We'd originally reserved an outdoor tub, but there was still lightning going on outside, so we asked to switch to an indoor one. Luckily there was one left. We reserved it for an hour.

The water was plenty warm....105 degrees. It felt pretty good to me, but I think it was too warm for Dan because he got dizzy. If we had been outdoors where it was cooler it might have been better.

It was very relaxing though. So nice to have my hands quit aching, and I was able to bend my knees much better afterward. Something about the mineral content of the water really seems to agree with me.

Decided to stop about halfway home at Dairy Queen. I had a small plain cup of soft serve....it's gluten free! First time I'd had Dairy Queen in a few years.

Felt really good after that....good thing Dan was driving, because I fell asleep in the car! Was able to stay up only about a half hour after we got home. Fell into bed and slept for three hours.

I've been up for an hour and a half, and the headache and fatigue are returning, but at least I felt decent for a little while. Had some gluten-free waffles with peanut butter on them. I'll probably return to bed at my usual time and see if I can sleep some more.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 7

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?