<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Moving like a 40-year-old.... 

Usually I move like an 80-year-old, so this is a remarkable improvement. Day 1 of my two-week course of prednisone...60mg per day for 5 days, then decreasing doses the rest of the course.

Everyone in my aquacise class was amazed at the difference. I had not realized just how much trouble I was having not only walking but reaching overhead, bending to put on a shoe, etc. until suddenly I could do all these things without effort. Oh, THAT'S what it's supposed to be like.

I'm still way off balance, very clumsy with my hands and having trouble thinking straight, but I bet these will improve in a few days too. The fatigue will probably lessen and even go completely away at least for a little while. Yay!

The only thing I'll have to guard against is possibly injuring myself because my body is not longer used to easy movement, so I don't want to overdo it. It's difficult to resist the temptation to make up for lost time when you suddenly feel better.

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 7

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?