<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

MRIs on Monday... 

Finally was able to get the derned things scheduled for Monday the 19th at 11am...insurance approval was submitted July 1st. Seems like progress on medical stuff always slows to a crawl in the summer...maybe it's because so many people go on vacation.

Anyway, I am to have two scans: one of the brain, and one of the neck. They are looking for a cause for my speech impairment, cognitive dysfunction and motor skills problems. The thinking is that my problems are being caused by Sjogren's. Sometimes an MRI will reveal UBOs (unidentified bright objects) in Sjogren's patients. If the scans are normal, the neurologist will decide if any further tests are warranted. The total time allotted for these scans is two hours (I was promised a break between scans to stretch).

Right now I'm making copies of my leave of absence paperwork. My employer has nearly as much red tape as the federal government. Seven pages to return to HR tomorrow, plus copies of two pay stubs.

Feeling pretty crummy today. I stayed in bed this morning, trying to sleep off a post-migraine "hangover", and instead was rewarded with another derned headache! Rats.

Pain level: 8
Fatigue level: 9


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?