<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Rock chick on the loose.... 

Decided to take advantage of the bit of energy I've gained from my prednisone treatment while it lasts. Nothing earth-shattering as I still have to be able to go to work on Monday, but I at least wanted to do a few things I was too fatigued to do before.

So on Thursday, I went to the new hair place near my house. My hair had grown out surprisingly fast in just a month, and the temporary color I'd done was already gone. I had the style changed a bit....a few short pieces in front now, the sides only as long as my chin, and the back was trimmed with a razor so I could fluff it out and make it look fuller. For the color, I chose violet. The sylist was a bit surprised I wanted to go that dark (it's a brown/black base), but when we were done, she thought it looked great! This sort of color fades really fast, but I think it will still look all right even when it changes hue.

Thursday night, I surprised Dan when he came home for work by volunteering to go to the grocery store by myself at 2am. Normally, it's all I can do to walk through the aisles while he pushes the cart. I got a full week's worth of food. The check-out lady knows me well enough to fill the grocery bags pretty light, so I was even able to put them in the car by myself for once.

Then yesterday, a friend of mine took me to see a movie about Metallica! It's a documentary called "Some Kind of Monster". It was only playing in two theatres in town...we had to drive some 40 miles. I hadn't been to the theatre since April because it was too painful to sit still that long, but I did ok yesterday. GREAT movie, by the way, for anyone who likes documentaries or rock music or both.

I'm going to try to finish up a few computer projects this weekend and may do a bit of de-cluttering of the command post (computer desk ).

Pain level: 4
Fatigue level: 5

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?