<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Tidbits..... 

Ok, I'm behaving myself. Did a strand test on the hair color I bought. It came out more burgundy than black, but I don't mind because it's really pretty. If my hair comes out looking that way all over I'll be very happy. I'm doing the allergy test too even though I color my hair all the time and have used this brand in the past. So far, so good.

I colored my own hair until 9 years ago when it got so long that one box of color wasn't enough. I had trouble at first when I tried to get it professionally done; I like vibrant color, and the stylists were always trying to tell me that I didn't really want that. Then I went to an expensive salon downtown. Voila! Exactly what I wanted, but it cost twice as much. Fortunately, do-it-yourself has come a long way. I would still never do blonde or light red at home because my hair is too dark, but the blacks, browns and dark wine shades work pretty well, at least they did 10 years ago.

Have been doing my software training online. Unfortunately, I have dialup, so it takes FOREVER to download a lesson, and the training site doesn't always register that I've completed a lesson until I've run it two or three times. I'm still going to do one lesson a day though.

Spent part of today filling out paperwork authorizing my leave of absence. I think the Social Security disability form is shorter. I apologized to the rheumy in advance because there are three forms just for him to fill out. I took it over to his office today, and I will pick it up when he's done. Then I have to get TWO supervisors to sign it. By the time I'm done getting everything filled out, it will be time for me to go back to work.

Called up the dish company because Dan didn't want to deal with them. I'm not sure why he thought I was a better choice to make the call. The tech I talked to wanted me to change some connections around, which would be fine except I cannot move the entertainment center to get behind it. So Dan will have to do it when he gets home from work. I have the feeling I'm going to be paying for a new receiver. I'd still rather take the dish down and play frisbee with it.

Hoping to get a call tomorrow about setting up these MRIs. It has been a week already.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?