<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 25, 2004

What a dream.... 

Last night, I dreamed that there was a worldwide plague. Some sort of flu that was 99.99 percent communicable was killing people by the millions. If you had it, all you had to do was touch someone, and usually they would get it too. Everyone that got it died.

As with every illness, there will always be someone that is immune. Dan and I hadn't gotten sick yet. We lived in some coastal city, and one day we were walking on a pier that had a bar and a restaurant on it. We were making jokes to sort of diffuse the gravity of the situation around us. I saw some posters on the wall of the bar of a local football team and a local cheerleading squad. I told Dan that if I died, he could have the cheerleading squad to himself, and that if he died, I could have the football team to myself. We chuckled a bit and kept walking.

Time passed (in the dream), and a second strain of the flu broke out. This time Dan got it, so we knew he would die soon. We went back to the pier we had visited before, which was now deserted. Dan was riding a bicycle slowly, and I was walking, being careful not to touch Dan because I knew it would be fatal. The poster of the football team was still on the wall. I thought of what I'd said before, that I could have the team to myself, and realized I didn't WANT any of them, I wanted Dan.

Dan had stopped riding and was waiting to see where I would go next. I walked toward him, and he began to back up for fear I would touch him. I reached out and grabbed his shoulder, and I could see the panic in his eyes as he knew I had just written my own death sentence. Then I kissed him and he looked at me wondering if I knew what I was doing. Then he realized I knew exactly what I was doing, and kissed me back.

We stood there for a long time, kissing each other into eternity. Wherever we were going, we would go together.

Then I woke up.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?