<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Mildly vigorous day... 

Did 20 minutes on the Gazelle and put the finishing touches on making reservations for some activities on my upcoming vacation. One online company I used to book a boat tour was kind enough to call me this afternoon to tell me the tour was unavailable and suggested an alternative. Got to listen to Hawaiian music when I was on hold. Also downloaded driving directions.

Did go out briefly today. Found a cheap underwater point and shoot camera that takes standared 35mm film so I can take lots of pix when I go snorkeling. Also picked up a few things at the grocery store. When we got done, it was hailing outside! Dan knows I can't run, so he bravely put the groceries in the car and picked me up at the front door. He's my hero.

My department will be having a barbecue contest in September. I'm tired of having to watch everyone else eat the stuff (many sauces contain gluten), so I went hunting for recipes tonight. Found a gluten-free recipe made with apples and cinnamon and will combine it with a recipe I found for barbecue turkey in a crockpot. I'll try it at home before unleashing it at the contest.

Tried a recipe I found (on a pharmacy handout, of all places) for asparagus stir-fry. I used gluten-free soy sauce, which is pretty good....you can't tell it from the stuff containing wheat. The stir-fry came out so well that Dan had half of it. When I ate it, I realized how much I miss Asian food....I haven't had anything from a restaurant since last November because most of it contains wheat-based soy sauce and/or MSG. I found a recipe tonight for gluten-free Asian lettuce wraps. I'll give it a try sometime.

Getting one of my teeth filled tomorrow....I am NOT looking forward to this. I have a sore in my mouth that I've been trying to get rid of for five days, which doesn't help. Last week I had a headache for three days just because of a simple cleaning.

Only 41 days until Hawaii....

Pain level: 5
Fatigue level: 7

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?