<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Oooops! 

Between the arthritis, tremor and lack of grip strength, I have a lot of trouble with my hands. This can affect things that most women take for granted, like shaving their legs. It is particularly difficult to hold the razor steady enough to get much of the hair off my knees, so I usually error on the side of caution and leave a bunch of stubble on them. For some reason, this bugs me.

I was pleasantly surprised tonight to discover that, thanks to the prednisone treatment, the grip strength in my hands has fully returned. So what do I want to do first? Get a nice close shave on my legs with steady hands. I get a brand new razor out, one of those kind with the triple blade surrounded by soap. I've been using this brand since it came out and never cut myself once. So with renewed confidence, I start shaving my left kneecap....and practically sliced it off! Ack! I couldn't believe how much I bled! Ohh, and it STINGS!

I ended up with a smooth but bloody left kneecap and a right kneecap that was sporting a beard, 'cuz I wasn't gonna try that again! I guess I underestimated my own strength, which is a novelty these days.

The moral of the story is: better hairy than bloody! Ewwww!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?