<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Owwwwww...... 

First day off the prednisone. Every square inch of me hurts. I'm operating at about 10 percent capacity. My brain and my body are both moving in slow motion again, so at least they're back in synch.

So was the prednisone treatment a success? Well, sort of. The weakness in my legs has thankfully not returned, and so far the neuropathy, while not gone, is less than it was. The speech is better most of the time, although I've been stuttering late at night when I'm really tired. The return of grip strength in my hands was unfortunately temporary, as was the return of cognitive function. And of course the fatigue, heaviness in my chest and slowness of movement have gone back to being relentless. Sigh.

Went to the chiropractor today. He asked me if I had tried finding a treatment center for Sjogren's or some facility that specializes in ailments like mine. I looked around online a bit tonight and didn't come up with much. Most of the research centers are only focusing on dry eyes or dry mouth....if those were my only problems, I'd be a happy woman indeed. I didn't really see anything that addresses neurological problems. When I see the rheumatologist at the end of the month, I'll ask him if there are any diagnostics available elsewhere that I haven't tried, or any hospitals that might be able to help me. I just need to be sure I really am doing everything I can to get better.

At least I didn't doze off tonight at work, and I suprised myself by passing an assessment for the new software we're learning. I guess I'm retaining more than I thought I was. It's amazing to me that I can think at all through this pain.

I started the Cytomel today. I'm taking a half dose for a week before I move up to the full dose. It usually takes awhile to adjust to new thyroid meds, so I will try to be patient. I'm hoping I will gain enough energy to be able to stay alert at work.

So much I want to do, but I need to go to bed and get some sleep before aquacise.

Pain level: 9
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?