<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Open letter to makers of jeans: 

Dear So and So,

I realize this may take you completely by surprise, but there are still a few women left on this planet who want their jeans to COMPLETELY cover their butt cracks!!

I just spent two entire days shopping for pants and came home with ONE pair...and even those didn't fit very well. I refuse to take full responsibility for this.

No, I hadn't accidently stumbled into the pre-pubescent "where's the rest of it" department....I was shopping in MISSES JEANS, you know, for the post-teenage crowd? I perused every pair of size 10 to be had in seven stores, trying to find something in stretch denim that fit in the waist. What a joke.

Now, don't get me wrong: some of those pants fit me like a glove....indeed, a few of them even made me look sexy. BUT (or should I say butt?) none of the ones that fit would completely cover my undies, leaving me with two choices: either find pants that came up higher, or forego the drawers. I am NOT a prude, and I am NOT ashamed of my ass. However, I decided to keep looking because I do NOT think the world is ready to view my belly button scars.

I found maybe 4 pair this weekend that did come up high enough, but all of those had waists between one and several inches larger than my own. Which meant, of course, that you'd STILL be able to see my undies if I wore them.

What's the deal? Can't a woman be curvy with a small waist AND want to cover her butt?? Or am I expected to abandon all hope at this point, hang my head dejectedly, and banish myself to the land of elastic waistlines?? Hey, if I have to go there, I will NOT go quietly!

So please do us a favor, both for me and anyone that has to look at me: make some jeans that will fit a curvaceous woman who'd rather only her hubby see her unclad bottom!

Sincerely,
klbrowser

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?