<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 30, 2004

What you gonna do when they come for you? 

Dan and I work together, so we share one car. Tonight, Dan had a migraine and went home sick, so he had to come pick me up at the end of the shift. He usually pulls up in back of the building so I won't have to walk as far, even though that street is a no-parking zone.

Tonight, as I walked into the lobby, I was greeted with the glare of flashing lights coming from the back of the building. I joked to a co-worker, "Guess Dan got busted for coming to pick me up." Imagine my surprise when I got to the door and saw Dan sitting on the sidewalk and a cop sorting through stuff in our car!

Turns out someone had reported drug deals going on in the neighborhood, and the cops thought it was Dan doing the dealing! He got frisked, and the car got a thorough search as well. Luckily, I showed up to vouch for him, or he might have been taken into custody!

The cop was very nice when it became apparent they had made a mistake, and thanked Dan for his cooperation. I'm just glad I didn't have to bail him out of jail. I must admit my life is seldom boring.

So, no harm done, and we had a good laugh about it later, but things were definitely tense there for a bit. Makes me wonder how many people are dealing drugs from their Saturns.

Pain level: 8
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?