<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 24, 2004

Docs all day.... 

Went to the endocrinologist this morning. She told me the reason why my thyroid bloodwork showed hyper levels but I never got any hyper symptoms was that sometimes the body takes up to three weeks to react to a change in levels. So had I stayed at the previous dose of thyroid medicine, I would be starting to feel hyper in the next few days.

So I don't officially have Hashimoto's at this point, but my thyroid is definitely being affected by the Sjogren's. The doc wants me to check the thyroid hormone levels every three months instead of the usual once a year. I don't have to go in to see her again until March though.

She said my gastroparesis migh be another reason why I have some fluctuation going on. Some days my medication just sits in my stomach and doesn't do what it should. She suggested that I check to see if anything I'm taking can be found in a liquid form to make digestion easier.

She said I should definitely have the swollen lymph nodes looked at as they appeared to be growing. So I called my ENT's office this afternoon to make an appointment. The soonest I can get in is January 20.

Even though my appointment with the Sjogren's expert was moved to next month, they decided they still wanted me to come in this afternoon for x-rays. They did a full baseline set, a total of 19. I've never had x-rays for arthritis before.

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?