<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 14, 2005

Ack! Diabetes?? 

Got a call this morning....the glucose tolerance test I took Tuesday came back abnormal. Made an appointment with the endocrinologist for a week from Monday to discuss what to do next. I don't know how far out of the normal range the numbers were, but I don't think they would have called if this didn't indicate diabetes, or pre-diabletes at the very least.

Ok, I think I've handled the fibromyalgia, the Sjogren's, and my various other ailments very well. But this completely freaks me out. How did I get to be diabetic on top of everything else??

I eat low-fat, reasonably low sugar frequent small meals. I exercise. I am not overweight. Aren't these things supposed to treat or even prevent diabetes? Can heredity alone actually cause this?

I have a phobia of those glucose-monitoring things. Seriously. Worse than my phobia of needles.

So I am throwing temper tantrums, not that it will change anything. I'm trying to figure out how the heck I can manage another condition when most of my time is taken up with the other ones. Plus, eating to treat gluten inolerance, gastroparesis AND diabetes seems awfully daunting.

I am stressed and very angry with my body. Seems no matter how much I modify my lifestyle, it's never enough. And of course, I would love to console myself with some chocolate, but I guess that's not an option.

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 7

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?