<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 30, 2005

An "aha" moment.... 

Started taking my diabetes med this weekend. Today, I noticed that I did not suffer my usual massive drop in energy following my workout. Just my usual fatigue staying at a consistent level.

It occurs to me that maybe this crashing after exercise was due to insulin resistance? This has been happening for at least 15 years. I thought it was a myth that working out on a regular basis would give you more energy.

I can remember being in my 20's and getting totally wiped out after swimming, aerobics or weight lifting. During those years, I blamed it on working out too hard. In my 30's, I blamed it on the fibro.

It will be interesting to see if today was a fluke or if I can actually stop crashing after exercise. I go to aquacise in the morning.

I'd do the happy dance, but I'm not quite that energetic.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 6

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?