<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year! 

I'm welcoming 2005 with open arms! The fireworks downtown tonight were awesome! I've had a headache most of the day but otherwise feel reasonably decent.

I'm nervously trotting out my resolutions. Part of me doesn't want to mention them because if I keep them secret, no one will know if I break them all. But on the other hand, making them public may make me try harder to keep them. So here goes:

1. Continue aquacise and increase Gazellle workouts to three times a week, up to 1 hour per session. Add Fitball and Pilates routines to exercise regimen.

2. Eat out less; learn more recipes to cook at home.

3. Restrict credit card use to no more than one charge per card per month (except for meds).

4. Take better care of skin.

5. Attend church more regularly.

6. No more frivolous spending. Develop a budget and stick to it.

7. Help Dan more with housework.

8. Take better care of teeth.

I usually do ten, but couldn't think up that many this time. I guess that's a good thing??

Ok, I've been checking out the national and local lists of the best songs of 2004. Here are my picks for a few categories that come to mind....

Best lyrics of 2004:
"Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of it has caught my eye"
from "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional

Best cover song of 2004:
"Personal Jesus" by Marilyn Manson

Best comeback of 2004:
Social Distortion, "Reach for the Sky"

Funniest song of 2004:
"My Band" by D12

Best new band of 2004:
The Killers

Best single of 2004:
"1985" by Bowling for Soup

Best CD(s) of 2004:
Rock Against Bush, Volumes 1 & 2

Best "old" band of 2004:
Green Day

Guilty pleasure of 2004:
William Shatner

Too tired to think of any more.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?