<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 17, 2005

I'm a contributing writer! 

On my list of links on the right hand side of this blog, there is something called "The Spoon Theory". It is a link to But You Don't Look Sick, a website run by a lady with lupus. The Spoon Theory is the story of how she explained to her best friend what it is like to have a chronic illness. The website is both for people with invisible illnesses and their families.

A few weeks ago, I returned to the site and was delighted to discover there was a new message board. I registered, and the very next week, I received an e-mail asking if anyone wanted to write articles and book reviews for the site. They were only asking a commitment of one item per month, which is something I know I can accomplish. So I volunteered, and submitted my first book review yesterday. Here it is:

Lucky Man: A Memoir

Oh, and while you're on the site, please read "The Spoon Theory" if you haven't already done so. You'll be glad you did.

I think this is a great idea. I get a chance to write about stuff I'm already reading or products I'm already using anyway, and this makes me feel useful. And the lady running the website doesn't have to do everything herself.

I'll post links to the articles and reviews whenever they're used on the site.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?