<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 16, 2005

New med, new news.... 

Have taken Neurontin for the past two nights in the hopes of calming my Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. So far, it has been a good news/bad news sort of thing.

The good news is that it is not causing the horrible reaction that the Mirapex did. It makes me somewhat sleepy, and calm, but I do not feel drugged in any way. And I think it's helping some with the nerve pain.

The bad news is that so far, it does not appear to decrease my twitches at all. I will continue to take it to see if something changes. But I have not found any med that has lessened the twitches, even those designed to do so.

Could be a lot worse I suppose.

Have been doing research this weekend on diabetes. Found out that having an uncontrolled autoimmune disorder increases your chances of developing type 2 diabetes. So being gluten inolerant most of my life and Sjogren's that was only recently diagnosed probably are to blame. That and having a genetic pre-disposition to it.

While reading up on the disease, I realized I've had the symptoms for at least five years, but most were dismissed as fibromyalgia until the past two years that I've been very sick. The two occasions where random glucose tests had mildly elevated results should have raised some eyebrows as that indicated pre-diabetes. Had anyone bothered to mention that, I would have recognized the problem much sooner and sought treatment.

By the way, gastroparesis and peripheral neuropathy are symptomatic of long-term untreated diabetes. Rats.

I'm going downstairs to try a gluten-free cornbread recipe I found.

Pain level: 6
Fatigue level: 8

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?