<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Biopsy date changed.... 

Turns out the facility where I was to have the lymph node biopsy doesn't accept my insurance even though my ENT does. Weird, eh? But he does surgery at three other places which do take my insurance.

Luckily for me, there was a cancellation at one of the other facilities, so I'll be getting this done at the crack of dawn on Friday the 11th. Even though I'm definitely NOT a morning person, the early hour will be good for me because I'll have less time waiting around with no fluids (very tough for someone with Sjogren's). And since it's the first surgery of the day, less chance of delays.

Dan doesn't like having to get up at sunrise to take me, but he DOES like the idea of a three day weekend. He's going to take that night off work to keep an eye on me. It's always a good precaution even for simple things like this, when there's general anaesthesia and a sensitive patient involved.

Alas, I'm already feeling the effects of no anti-inflammatories (a pre-surgery requirement). My knees feel like there are shards of glass in them. I'm starting to think this leave of absence from work is a good idea.

So I'm still getting my throat cut, just not on Valentine's Day.

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 7

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?