<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

For the dragon...... 

I've needed to do a creative entry for such a long time. Haven't written about anything but illness since I finished describing my trip to Hawaii. But to be honest, that's all I've had the energy for.

I used to read sol's slashdot journal regularly. But as I got sicker, I had to spend less and less time on the computer to save up enough energy just to work. And so I read about the dragon less and less, and I until about a week or so ago, I hadn't visited the site since Thanksgiving.

And it's right here under my "Links".

Ok, everyone stop right now and go visit "The Journal of solemndragon". I'll wait.

People that know me well know that I'm sort of like osmosis. I hang around someone with an accent, and I start to talk like them. I mirror other people's attitudes. And when I read something by someone particularly talented, you can bet I'll pick up their writing style, whether consciously or unconsciously.

Well, I just read two MONTHS worth of sol's entries, so I might was well make this a conscious effort. Even if it exhausts me and makes my hands hurt from all the typing.

Except that this isn't really creative because I'll be answering various questions asked in the slashdot journal, and flatout copying the format of one of the entries.

sol, please forgive me. I don't know when my creativity slunk away and left me utterly without inspiration unless I steal it from someone else.

I'll start with  "What is your name? What is your quest?"

Name: the browser, who oohs and aaahs at the witty and the wise. I too am a bit of a dragon, and believe it or not, I was one before I ever heard of the teacup dragon named sol.
Age: I too am 12. No, really. Ask my husband. He'll verify I don't act a day over 12. In people years I prefer to say I'm agesless.
Current Location: One mile high.
Status: Fair. Suffering no doubt from a dearth of creativity, but somehow marginally functional.
Number of Sibling Units: One leech. Of course she'll kill me if she reads this.
Parental status: One father of the human sort, and one mother of the angelic sort.
Handedness: Two. Which explains why my hand/eye coordination sucks.
Pets: One empathetic canine who is as actively collecting ailments as I am.
Height/Weight: All very average.
Hair/Eye Color: Um, I don't know my real hair color. Some sort of brown with grey, probably. Right now it's faded violet brown. My eyes are the color of dark chocolate.
Hair Style: A clever blend of '70's-era feathering and shattered. I can either look like a rock star or a pixie, depending on my mood.
Scars/Tattoos/Piercings: Sadly, only scars. I'd have the other two if I weren't so doggone scared of needles.
Vision: 20/15. Oh, and of course I want world peace, which is surprising to no one.
Google-able? I think so. Haven't looked in at least a year. Besides my first name is just too doggone common.
Shoe size: Down to a 9, from an all-time high of 10. I know, that doesn't make them shoes, it makes them skis.
Average calorie intake: I can no longer do math. That's why I'm doing a food diary, so maybe the nutritionist can figure it out. My goal will be a diet that is gluten-free, gastroparesis-friendly and diabetic compatible. Does that leave me with anything?
Average tv time per week: Actually, it's at the highest amount since I was stuck on the couch after my foot surgery a year ago. I regularly watch "Millionaire", "Jeopardy", "Oprah" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition". How many hours is that? I said I couldn't do math.
Average COMPUTER time per week: At least 36 if I'm working. If I'm not, it had better be a whole lot less.
number of alarm clocks: one, and I try not to use it.
childhood nickname: Kerner. Although my sister called me Keh-wo.
childhood pet/stuffed animal/ imaginary friend: Had a stuffed dog named "Lady", which indicates I was raised on Disney. Had a real dog, also a cocker spaniel, named Freckles, which indicates I had an affinity for the obvious. I did not have an imaginary friend, preferring instead to imagine myself on "Gilligan's Island". I don't know what that indicates.

Next question: "What's your earliest memory"?

The ocean. I lived in Hampton, Virginia, and this was my first visit to the beach. I was a year and a half old. According to my mom, the ocean scared the shit out of me, and I screamed bloody murder. I just remember the water, not the feeling scared part.

"Anywhere but here, where would you rather be today?"

Kona. Hawaii. Or any point further north on the Kohala coast. Perfect 50 percent humidity, 80 degree daytime temps, incredible sunsets. And green sea turtles, which are the coolest critters on the planet second only to dolphins.

"What is your favorite chocolate?"

Dark. The darker, the better. Actually, this is a sore subject with me as I gave up chocolate because it contains caffeine, and caffeine is said to aggravate periodic limb movement disorder. But then I found out this week that white chocolate doesn't have caffeine. But I probably can't have that either, because of the diabetes. Am I allowed no food vices at all??

"Do you like being alone?"

Yes. I can be happy either way, which is strange coming from someone who works with their husband (when I'm not on disability, that is) and is often with him 24/7.

"What gets you out of the blue when you find yourself there?"

It used to be food. What a cruel trick my illness played on me. Now it's tunes, particularly metal because it's carthartic, and movies, particularly humorous ones because they are cathartic as well.

"What have you done lately that's brave?"

Type this entry, knowing if I'm online too long I could get another migraine.

That's all I can handle for now. Thanks, sol, for letting me pirate your journal, even if I didn't exactly ask permission.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?