<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Good news! 

Got the call this morning....the biopsy sample doesn't have anything wrong that requires treatment. So NO MORE TESTS! I'd been having a continuous stream of them since November.

Now I can focus on stuff I've been putting off, like fixing my decaying teeth. I have a regular dental checkup on Friday. I have eight teeth that thanks to Sjogren's are falling apart around old fillings.

I'm at a loss as to what to do about this periodic limb movement disorder. I'd like to make some progress before next month so I can get rested and get back to work. Got ten hours of sleep last night and still am trying not to doze off right now.

Am doing the food diary prior to my visit with the diabetes nutritionist. Keep going back and forth about eating what I think I ought to eat and just eating what I like, stuff which is less healthy. I think I've caved in....I just finished a baked potato with butter (real, not hydrogenated) and shrimp with ketchup on it.

Never did get around to going to a psychologist like I promised the docs I would last October. I think I may wait and only see one if I decide to go on disability. I probably will need some counseling if I give up working.

One thing being off work has allowed me is time to assess the situation at hand. When I'm working, I'm always too exhausted to deal with anything other than figuring out how I'm gonna find the energy to work the next day. Now I feel like I have some clarity, or at least as much as a person can have in the midst of fibrofog.

Poor Dan is extremely stressed out about how we're going to get by if I stop working. He's concerned about getting laid off before he can find another job. And even more freaked out that he could get laid off while I'm on disability.

He can't believe I'm not worried. I told him I can't worry too much because it won't help me get any healthier, and that if he worries too much, he'll get sick too. I told him I'll do what I can to keep the house and that we'll be ok.

I'm off in pursuit of a shower and warm socks on my feet.

Pain level: 7
Fatigue level: 9

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?