<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Rave of the Day for February 16: 

Oprah had Christopher Reeve's wife, Dana, on her show today to talk about her husband and his legacy. One of the things she mentioned was that he always wanted to do something to help others. Right after his accident, he had no idea that he'd be able to do this.

I read one of his books a few years ago and was amazed at the research going on to find ways to reverse paralysis. A foundation was begun in his name to apply the latest technology to help those with spinal injury walk again. Christopher's own public appearances also motivated people in wheelchairs to not give up, to have as fulfilling a life as possble.

The most inspiring part of the show, though, featured a girl who was paralyzed in a swimming accident. She was given a one percent chance of ever walking again, but she received help through Christopher Reeve's foundation. Today she walked across the stage with only crutches for assistance.

This made me really start thinking. I want to do more to help others in my own way. I haven't the funds to start a foundation, but I bet there are other things I can do.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?